Call for Papers
IV Workshop Open Educational Resources
OER for Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education
October 12th 2017
Conjuntamente con LACLO 2017
La Plata, Argentina
Presented and accepted papers
- Luciana Canuti, Fernando Carpani, Lucía Del Arco, Florencia Falco, Carlos Luna and Clara Raimondi. An educational project based on a digital library of filmed courses.
- Adriana Favieri. Rúbricas para valorar Recursos Educativos Abiertos de Matemática en Formato Texto
- Leslie Clarisa Salas Valdivia. Apropiacion de Recursos Educativos Abiertos
- Mirta G. Fernandez and Maria Viviana Godoy. Aula Invertida para la inclusión de Recursos Educativos Abiertos
- Eliana Serrano, Marina Rodriguez and Claudia Russo. Píldoras educativas para la articulación entre la escuela secundaria y la universidad
- Jessica Guevara Saenz De Viteri, Edith Mora Burgos, Emerita Delgado Plaza and Juan Peralta Jaramillo. Adaptación de los Recursos Educativos Abiertos con enfoque contructivista a partir del uso de Guías Didácticas
- Alén Pérez Casas, Virginia Rodés, Mariana Porta and Anyhelina Suárez. Adopción de Recursos Educativos Abiertos entre el profesorado de enseñanza primaria y media de Uruguay
- Natalia Correa, Gabriela Pérez, Catalina Mostaccio and Roxana Giandini. Experiencia exitosa usando REAs en Educación Superior
- Mabel Serubian, Mariela de León, Camila García, Carina Patrón, Florencia Borghini, Reyna Der Boghosian & Regina Motz. El Repositorio COLIBRI con una Biblioteca Digital Accesible y con Colecciones REA
- Virginia Brussa. Por una Agenda COMÚN desde el Sur: Posibles aportes desde de la Red Argentina de Educación Abierta (AREA)
- Leslie Clarisa Salas Valdivia, Miriam Arispe, Roberto Jordan, Irene Ramos and Salvador Choquehuanca. Propuesta de Repositorios de Recursos Educativos Abiertos para el aprendizaje activo.
Submissions due: August 20th, 2017 via Easychair (see instructions below)
Notification of acceptance: September 15th, 2017
Final version: September 25th, 2017
[Update] Proposals presented at WREA will be invited to submit to a Special Issue of The Journal of Interactive Media in Education (JIME) on OER and OEP in Latin America.
It’s over 15 years now that Open Educational Resources (OER) have been a common proposition in education, based on the values of the open movement and inspired by open source software. International institutions such as UNESCO, COL and the European Union via its Open Education Europa initiative have been striving to mainstream OER, not only as a new type of resource but also a model for participation and personal investment. It is for these reasons that 2017 is being celebrated as the #YearofOpen.
Reusing and adapting OER empowers educators to be innovative in their teaching practices. From a practical point of view, and positioning users in centre stage, open formats, open source applications, open licensing such as Creative Commons, social networks, repositories, etc. contribute to OER adoption.
The I Workshop on OER took place in 2012 within the Congresso Brasileiro de Informática na Educação (CBIE 2012) around the themes of globalization and localization.
The II Workshop on OER took place in 2015 within the Congresso Brasileiro de Informática na Educação (CBIE 2015) around the topic of OER as educational development.
The III Workshop on OER ran parallel with the Simposio Internacional de Informática Educativa (SIIE 2016) in Salamanca, Spain and focused on OER as drivers for innovation in education.
Objetivos y temas de interés
We look forward to debating issues and challenges emerging from the effective implementation of OER policies, projects and initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean. We are interested in discussions around the political and economical implications of OER at different levels (groups, organizations, universities, schools, governs), drawn from the Regional Consultation on OER, which took place in São Paulo, Brazil earlier this year in preparation for the World OER Congress in Slovenia. You can access the Final Report here.
The workshop is aimed at:
- Educators interested in creating and using OER
- Educational researchers conducting studies in OER, OEP, open textbooks, open access, educational technology, free hardware, open source software, etc.
- Technologists working on the development of digital learning tools
- Decision makers and policy makers in universities and other institutions
- University press staff
- Librarians and staff working in institutional repositories
- Lawyers with an interest in open licensing and authorship
- Economists with an interest in new, OER-related business models
We are currently accepting submissions in Spanish, Portuguese and English on the following topics:
- OER repositories
- ICT tools for creating and using OER
- Initiatives to promote OER
- Strategies for the adoption and sustainability of OER
- OER-related entrepreneurship and business models
- Production of OER (5 Rs)
- OER networks and communities of practice
- Copyright and use of open licensing
- Bea de los Arcos (Open University, UK)
- Ismar Frango (Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie and Universidad Cruzeiro do Sul)
- Virginia Rodés (UDELAR).
- Tel Amiel (NIED/Unicamp and UNESCO Chair, Open Education)
Comité del Programa
To be announced shortly.
Formato de las propuestas
Full papers must be between 6 and 8 pages in length, including tables, figures and bibliography.
Short papers must be up to 4 pages, including tables, figures and bibliography.
All submissions must contain a title, abstract and keywords in English.
All proposals must not have been submitted to or published in any other workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers will undergo a review process and those that are accepted will be presented orally during the workshop.
Papers must follow the IEEE Proceedings template, and should be submitted as a PDF and written in US A4 size.
All accepted submissions will be published in the workshop’s websites under a CC BY license.
Submissions via Easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wrea4.
- Article format – http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- Referencies – http://www.ieee.org/documents/IEEEtranBST1.tar.gz
- Article and references – http://www.ieee.org/documents/MSW_A4_format.doc
- Reference style – https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=ieee&dependent=0